1. What did you order? A 13in brown girl Link to the website or thread you used to make the purchase, if any:http://annasdolls.jimdo.com/ When did you order (date you paid): Ordered end of June, paid in August - pretty quick turn around
2. About the Quality of Service (rate 1-3, explain any 1s or 2s) 3 Clear photos?3 Easy to pay?3 Good communication?3 Prompt shipping?3 Production time, if relevant:3 Quality of packaging:3
3. About the Quality of the Product (rate 1-3, explain any 1s or 2s)3 Did the quality match the price?3 Item as pictured and described?3 Quality of porcelain (too thin? Rough spots?):3 Quality of tension (does the doll hold poses? Too loose and floppy?):3 Quality of paintwork:3 Quality of sculpting:3 Quality of accessories (box, stand, wig, clothing, etc): Came with wig and wood box 3
4. Other comments? This doll is wonderfully constructed and smooth. She is also very heavy compared to my other porcelains. Would you order from this company again?Yes I would
This is a very professionally made doll with a great deal of heart. Her wig is full and luscious, which is also how I would describe her body type. I did ask for limited tattoos, and that request was honored, she just has a small tattoo on her back and bottom. There was a problem in that she got stuck in customs, as a result she was damaged, but Anna promised she would send me a new part (left hand) for free. Anna was great to work with and sent pictures of all the steps, it was fun to see how she developed. Very nice experience.
Please give each question a rating 1-3 with 3 being the best. Please explain ratings lower than 3. You may include photos to help explain your ratings, whether high or low.
1. What did you order? A 15" custom porcelain bjd with dress, shoes, wig, and stand
Link to the website or thread you used to make the purchase, if any: I communicated with Anna via PM and email after seeing photos of the prototype on the forum
When did you order (date you paid): I paid when the doll was complete, at the end of February.
2. About the Quality of Service (rate 1-3, explain any 1s or 2s) Clear photos? 3 There were not many photos of the doll yet, because she was still a prototype. Anna posted photos of the master sculpt and of resin dolls made from the same master. In general, her photos are excellent.
Easy to pay? 2 I paid via bank wire (SWIFT transfer). It bounced once (not Anna's fault), and it wasn't nearly as convenient to use as paypal. But as I understand it Anna gets more of the money this way, so I was very willing to try it. I hope someday it becomes easier for Anna to use paypal.
Good communication? 3 Anna communicated with me clearly and consistently. She sent progress photos for me to comment on without me prompting her.
Prompt shipping? 3 Anna shipped a couple days after receiving payment
Production time, if relevant: 3 I informed Anna of my interest when I saw the prototype in early December. She asked me to wait until she had completed the resin dolls before I placed my order in early January. The doll was complete by early February. To go from a protype/master to a completed porcelain doll in that amount of time is nothing short of heroic in my opinion. It was MUCH faster than I had hoped for.
Quality of packaging: 3 The doll was thoroughly wrapped inside a solid wooden box, which was again wrapped and put inside the shipping box. This is really the only way to ship a porcelain doll in my opinion!
3. About the Quality of the Product (rate 1-3, explain any 1s or 2s) Did the quality match the price? 3 MORE THAN! I can't believe the price I got this doll for ($2,200). I would not be surprised that now this first doll has been completed with such success the price might go up.
Item as pictured and described? 3 Yes, exactly! Anna followed all of my specific instructions very well. When I didn't have specific instructions and asked her to design/choose for herself, she made excellent choices in alignment with my overall doll vision. For example, she added a small beauty mark, which is perfect for my doll who is a fashionable model.
Quality of porcelain (too thin? Rough spots?): This seems like excellent quality porcelain. The doll is thickly poured and nicely heavy. That makes the doll sturdy and pleasant to pose. Thin porcelain is NOT an advantage for a porcelain doll, trust me! The porcelain of the doll is very well finished. There are no rough spots or uneven areas. You can't see the seams made by the plaster molds at all. Anna must have spent many hours sanding and polishing her. She is perfectly smooth.
Quality of tension (does the doll hold poses? Too loose and floppy?): 3 This doll is strung with multiple loops of medium thickness elastic. The tension is appropriate for her size and she poses very well. The joints are lined with thin leather, except for the elbows and wrists. The leather is thick enough to last for a while, but not so thick to be obtrusive. The leather has been trimmed precisely so it doesn't stick out anywhere, not in a single joint. The range of motion of the doll is extremely impressive. She can assume many positions other dolls cannot. The extra hip joint helps with this, but even the double jointed knees and elbows pose better than most dolls I have handled. I can say the same for her wrists, ankles, and ribcage. All have excellent range. She can easily touch her face in several different ways. Her head can bow low enough to nearly touch her chest, or look up at the ceiling. This is so rare to find in a doll, and so important for expressive poses. She has the same neck range as a human. She does not hold every pose 100%, but I have yet to meet a doll that does. What I mean is, if you put her hand against a surface (like her leg or face), it will spring back slightly and have trouble making full contact. This is common in many dolls, and she hols more poses than most do. Her elbows take some practice to manipulate, they tend to pop out of the joint when I want to rotate the arm. But if I pay attention to the joint it is not a problem.
Quality of paintwork: 3 Unbelievable quality of paint on her eyes, hands, and feet. The brush strokes on her eyelashes are so small you can hardly see them with your naked eye. The eyes are vivid, realistic, and full of life. The lips are nicely saturated and have nice texture to the paintwork. Her body blushing is nice, although a few spots are more vivid than the rest. I don't mind this, I know porcelain paint is very hard to predict exactly, especially red/pink colors. Over all her blushing is a very nice color.
Quality of sculpting: 3 I love the sculpt! Her body is overall more proportionate than most dolls, while still being long and lithe. Her hands and feet are nice and big, which makes them more expressive. Her eyes are similarly expressive, but they are small enough to give her a mature look. The anatomy of the body sculpt is excellent. Her ribcage, for example, actually looks like a ribcage even when the doll leans far forward or backward. The knees and elbows are similarly elegant. She is masterfully sculpted.
Quality of accessories (box, stand, wig, clothing, etc): Gown: 3 Anna made a custom gown for my doll to wear. It is just splendid. Not only does it fit the doll very well indeed, it is made of the perfect weight of fabric and the quality of the seaming & details is truly excellent. Wig: 3 The doll's wig is similarly lovely. The hair fibers are very fine and soft, but they lay flat and don't frizz out at all. Anna said she put some product in the hair to help it stay in place when I am handling the doll (I told her I would be doing this a lot to change earrings and necklaces on the doll). Whatever she used is just perfect. Shoes: 2 The doll also came with low heeled silver shoes. They are nicely made but honestly in comparison to her dainty feet they look a bit bulky, so I probably won't use them too often. She looks better without them. Box: 2 The box is plain but sturdy, and it has the pretty Anna's Dolls logo on the front. I do wish her box had cushions and ribbons inside so it could be used for travel more easily. Stand: 3 The stand was not made by Anna, but she chose one that really hold the doll well. It is nice quality with sturdy metal and a nice wood base. I am really glad I have it and wouldn't ask for more. Other: She came with authenticity paperwork that looks nice and says the model, date made, etc.
4. Other comments? This doll was a huge purchase for my tiny budget, but I couldn't be happier. I'm sure I will keep this doll forever. I highly recommend this artist. Would you order from this company again? ABSOLUTELY, I want to give her all my money forever. I hope it will be possible to order more accessories for the doll in the future!
1. What did you order? Hatun Haan, OOAK ready doll Link to the website or thread you used to make the purchase, if any:https://www.facebook.com/anna.kucherenko.50?fref=hovercard When did you order (date you paid): September, 2016
2. About the Quality of Service (rate 1-3, explain any 1s or 2s) Clear photos? 3 -( beautiful photos ) Easy to pay? 3- Yes, i was able to pay Anna by Paypal Good communication? 3- super friendly and professional communication Prompt shipping?3- Anna did her best to ship the package in fast and secure way Production time, if relevant:N/A Quality of packaging:3- super great packaging, very secure and pretty9 wooden box and lots of wrapping materials )
3. About the Quality of the Product (rate 1-3, explain any 1s or 2s) Did the quality match the price? 3- the quality is superb Item as pictured and described? 3- yes 100% Quality of porcelain (too thin? Rough spots?): 3- beautiful porcelain, no visible seam lines, smooth, and silky Quality of tension (does the doll hold poses? Too loose and floppy?): 2.5- would prefer spring tension Quality of paintwork: 3- beautiful paint work Quality of sculpting: 3- very nicely sculpted doll, realistic and proportional Quality of accessories (box, stand, wig, clothing, etc): 3+ - outstanding dress, fantasy wig, carved wooden doll stand, wooden box, and other accessories.
4. Other comments? Would you order from this company again? Yes, absolutely. Anna is amazing person and a pleasure to deal with. When my doll arrived with a damaged leg, Anna not only made the part to replace the broken leg, but also made parts for both legs, so they look identical ( all work for free ). Anna is very polite, friendly, professional, understanding, patient, i would love to order a doll from her in the future.
Last Edit: Oct 27, 2016 18:48:27 GMT -8 by ivdolls
1. What did you order? Being a huge fan of movie Avatar, I commissioned a doll that was influenced by this movie. The idea for the doll was to represent the essence, and spirit of the planet Pandora. Link to the website or thread you used to make the purchase, if any: When did you order (date you paid): September 2016
2. About the Quality of Service (rate 1-3, explain any 1s or 2s) Clear photos? 3- beautiful, artistic pictures ( as always ) Easy to pay? 3- This time i did it a bank transfer, and it was easy. Anna get the money the next day Good communication? 3- absolutely friendly, polite and professional. Prompt shipping?3- Anna always does her best to accommodate all the wishes Production time, if relevant: 3- about two months ( super fast !!!!) Quality of packaging: 3- very good.
3. About the Quality of the Product (rate 1-3, explain any 1s or 2s) Did the quality match the price? 3- considering the wonderful workmanship the price is low. ( Anna, PLEASE keep the prices at this rate, so we can have more of your beauties ) Item as pictured and described? 3- the dolls are better in real life, even though i LOVE Anna's photography. Quality of porcelain (too thin? Rough spots?): 3- beautiful, smooth porcelain Quality of tension (does the doll hold poses? Too loose and floppy?): 2.9- the doll is strung with elastic, holds the poses well, but i would prefer spring tension. Quality of paintwork: 3- beautiful Quality of sculpting: 3- very lovely and realistic sculpting Quality of accessories (box, stand, wig, clothing, etc): 3- everything is of a very high quality, i would love to have more prettier wooden box though to match the beauty of the dolls
4. Other comments? Would you order from this company again? ABSOLUTELY
1. What did you order? I was enamored by Anna's 'Ming' and also her tattooing so I commissioned similar but with butterfly tattoos. Link to the website or thread you used to make the purchase, if any: When did you order (date you paid): October 2016
2. About the Quality of Service (rate 1-3, explain any 1s or 2s) Clear photos? 3- loved the continuous updates and work in progress photos Easy to pay? 3- I am getting better at SWIFT payments now I can do them online via my bank Good communication? 3- always, continuous, friendly and patient with me! Prompt shipping? 3- yes, we worked a suitable plan together Production time, if relevant: 3 - about 4 months but I knew Christmas break was in the middle Quality of packaging: 3- exterior box was beaten up but the doll package was timber so she was well protected
3. About the Quality of the Product (rate 1-3, explain any 1s or 2s) Did the quality match the price? 3 - definitely, I think her work really leaped forward with the Ming series and her technique so refined, I am sure prices will increase soon. Item as pictured and described? 3 - definitely as she keeps her facebook and flickr filled with good quality photos Quality of porcelain (too thin? Rough spots?): 3 - really super smooth, and a fine finish yet doesn't feel overly fragile Quality of tension (does the doll hold poses? Too loose and floppy?): 2.5 - I'm still experiencing different tensions, I guess this is what to expect for elastic. It is tight enough, just awkward to hold pose in some places (elbows and ankles). I really love her thigh joint and she has great flexibility. Quality of paintwork: 3 - really spectacular! Tattoos, nails, her face. Quality of sculpting: 3 - good, consistent and well balanced all over. Anna has a smooth approach to her sculpting. Quality of accessories (box, stand, wig, clothing, etc): 2.5 - No stand or clothing added, beautiful shoes which I ordered extra, lovely silky neat wig perhaps not quiet enough hair in it. For such a beautiful doll the box didn't match.
4. Other comments? Would you order from this company again? Definitely!