Post by EarthShine Doll on Nov 1, 2015 13:15:30 GMT -8
Oh my goodness...after some blood, sweat, frustration and almost tears she is finally assembled!...very poorly I might add. I didn't make quite enough extra room in her knee and elbow joints to fit the leather. I made due with some hot glue because the grinding noises from porcelain on porcelain was making me so nervous! I am over all extremely happy with her! Only a couple things will need to be reworked/done differently on my next firing. Also, I'm going to add...I absolutely love porcelain. This is my first time working with it, first time using a kiln. It has been so much fun! The worst part really was trying to assemble her...but again, my first try. I know things will get easier. I've decided to call her "Wren". (I met a wonderful lady with that name last week and it's been stuck in my head ever since!) I hope you like her! Now on to master China Painting!!
Well done, she's looking wonderful. a really good original sculpt..
I've just finished my first doll too and I too am amazed at how difficult it all is, especially the assembly. My knee joints also were a bit too tight when I added leather. So many small details to get right..! I'm using spring tensioning and getting the tension right is also really hard. I am in awe of all the doll makers out there who are making to such a high standard..
Post by EarthShine Doll on Nov 1, 2015 14:21:42 GMT -8
Thank You jealoushe! You are so right, it is so hard! Assembly made me want to pull my hair out, lol! Mine is partially strung with springs and the rest elastic when I ran out of springs...lots of experimenting! Also, I agree, I have so much respect for all the artists and their level of perfection, it's amazing.
Fantastic!! All your hard work is really paying off. I really admire anyone who gives this a go. So many skills are required, and the fine tuning must feel almost endless at times. I am looking forward to seeing more progress pictures too.
Post by EarthShine Doll on Nov 9, 2015 10:46:09 GMT -8
Thank you Kamia and Bibarina! Here's a couple face up/wig pictures! I quickly painted her with acrylics. She had so many problems putting her together(pin holes too small, not enough room for sueding, etc...)She's definitely just a test doll. I've poured more dolls and corrected my mistakes. I just wanted to give a little peek at what she looks like. Once my other girls are done I'll do a legit photoshoot with a camera that's not my phone! 2015-11-09_11-13-26 by Doll Epoch, on Flickr 2015-11-09_11-13-56 by Doll Epoch, on Flickr